Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reality Check


What's happened to me? How can this be? I was cool with my Housewives switch shutting down, truly, But, now - I can't deal with my last Reality genre fix, Biggest Loser. I can't take it. I can't stomach (sorry) it any more, and I'm at a point where, if I see anyone crying anywhere and for any reason at all, like death or war or some shit, I will hit them. Ditto, snarling. You have ruined it for me, Jillian.
However, as with the Bravo whores, I think I know why my liking went south so hard. The housewives went too far in merchandising; BL went too far in timing. Hour shows are stretched to two hours, and they fill the time with delayed fanfare entrances Cher only dreams of. Then, extra and interminable minutes are packed with the VERY LAST THING this show needs: more tears.
So long, BL. If weeping and uttering trendy catchphrases chewed up calories, these folks would never need to step on a treadmill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment